Sunday, June 21, 2009

CSS

Since I moved here, earlier this year, I've been taking beginning web design courses at Stanford University's Continuing Studies Program. I just finished my final project, Petri Design, a test site. I'm pretty new to CSS so I've decided to create a simple 3 column layout with minimal clutter. I apologize for the pop ups! As far as I know my CSS is valid, but the ad banners are not (which HAD to come with the free hosting). Once I find a job I WILL buy a better hosting service.

I'll also be redesigning its layout to test out other techniques in CSS web design. That'll be another summer project! In the past, I've been posting work on my Coroflot page. My goal is to start designing my own pages. The final project wasn't easy. I had to code several times over and do a lot of cross browser testing. I struggled with doing a PHP photo gallery, but left it out because I couldn't get the coding right. I have to do more research on PHP. Got any links to tutorials on PHP or CSS photo galleries?

I've found a lot of tutorials through Twitter. Follow me, petridesign and check out what else I've been up to. Folks I've been following are posting job listings and inspiring links!

No comments:

Post a Comment